Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Reflective Account Essay

This seemed to keep his idea off worrying ab unwrap were his married woman or daughter was and stopped him from scatty to walk ab emerge the ward. After a while the persevering of asked if he could take a breather down for a while, and I explained that this was ok. I lowered the bed for the patient as low as it would go, to prevent the patient from falling or injuring himself while mounting into the bed. By doing this I was following the guidelines pitch out by the health and synthetic rubber at work act 1972 and carrying out risk assessments to prevent harm to myself or others.Once the patient had got into the bed safely I put the bed status up to prevent him from falling out while he was sleeping, I past gave him his buzzer. Before leaving the mode I asked the patient if he would like the room door remaining open or closed over, by doing this I was promoting the patients responsibility to choice and individuality. I then left the room and closed the door as the patient had requested, and told the staff nurse in charge of him, that he was now sleeping, and that I had emptied his catheter bag and updated the fluid balance chart.I had to tell the staff nurse that I had left the room, so that if anything happened they knew that I was non there, as I would be accountable for it. Being accountable for my actions is one of the NMC calculate of conduct and is in line with captain accountability. I think that this task was very(prenominal) fulfilling as I was able to armed service other staff around me, as well as keep a patient calm. I enjoyed talking to the patient and found it very interesting. It also allowed me to invest keeping patients charts up to date. References

No comments:

Post a Comment