Monday, September 9, 2019

Select an interesting Topic Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words

Select an interesting Topic - Essay Example The first word of the title says it all, and is actually quite a humbling thought. Let me explain. While I have never considered myself to be a ‘poor’ writer, I simply did not consider all of my initial drafts to be pure and utter crap. To do so would be to admit that I am not perfect. I mean, after all, who wants to admit that? Seriously, though, I have simply never considered that a first draft should never be looked upon as a paper that anyone but myself would see. Instead, I figured that if I put my thoughts down on paper in a semi-coherent manner, well, that would be enough. Now I understand otherwise. I am actually going to take quite a lot away from having read Lamott’s essay. While I may never be a professional writer, I can certainly strive to do better with recording my thoughts and ideas on paper. I should look at a first draft as an opportunity to expand my ideas and truly capture my thoughts on paper. To do this, I can take the first draft and really polish it up, looking for items I may have missed, and tossing others that, upon reflection, add little substance to the piece. When I do this, I will certainly create better work, no matter how big or small the assignment may

No comments:

Post a Comment